Are Hedgehogs Legal in Georgia?
Thinking about getting a hedgehog as a pet, but you are from Georgia? In the laws regarding owning a hedgehog in Georgia have been relaxed and there are now guidelines for safe ownership.
What You Need to Know
If you are planning to get a hedgehog as a pet, here are some things you need to know:
- Regulations: Owning a hedgehog in Georgia requires that you comply with all regulations that are set forth by Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- Costs: There is a fee that you need to pay when you purchase a hedgehog.
- Permits: It is also required that you have a permit in order to own a hedgehog in Georgia.
Requirements for Ownership
When owning a hedgehog in Georgia, there are very specific requirements that you must follow in order to keep your pet safe. These requirements include:
- Provide a habitat that is appropriate for the hedgehog.
- Provide appropriate food for the hedgehog.
- Make sure the hedgehog is vaccinated.
- Provide appropriate medical care.
You must also ensure that your hedgehog is not going to pose a danger to other wildlife or pets in the area.
Hedgehogs are legal in Georgia in 2021 and there are specific regulations that must be followed. If you plan on owning a hedgehog in Georgia, make sure to research the regulations and follow them accordingly. This will ensure that your pet is safe, healthy and happy.