Can Goats Be Pets?
Goats can make great pets but they do require a lot of care and attention. Goats are both affectionate and entertaining, but they need to be well socialized and receive proper training.
Advantages of Having a Goat As a Pet
- Goats can provide companionship
- A goat can make an excellent guard animal
- Goats can be house broken and provide useful manure for garden fertilizer.
- A goat can provide entertainment from its actions and behaviors.
Disadvantages of Having a Goat As a Pet
- Goats need to be given plenty of space
- They require daily care and grooming
- Goats are not suitable pets for small children or elderly people
- Goats can be destructive, so you need to be aware of this before getting one.
Goats can make excellent pets for the right kind of owners. They need plenty of space and can be quite lively, so you need to make sure you’re prepared for the commitment in order to make goats good pets. If you think a goat would be the right fit for your family, you should do research on the proper care and training for goats before making your decision.