Do Cats Eat Bearded Dragons?
Whether or not cats will eat bearded dragons is a question that many cat owners have. After all, cats are known to eat small animals, so it is natural to wonder if bearded dragons are among their favorite prey. The short answer is: no, cats typically do not eat bearded dragons.
Reasons Why Cats Will Not Likely Eat Bearded Dragons
- Size: Bearded dragons can grow up to two feet in length, which is too big for a cat to eat.
- Taste: Bearded dragons are generally considered to be quite unpalatable to cats.
- Behavior: Bearded dragons tend to be quite skittish and fast-moving, which can make them uninteresting prey to cats.
What Cats Might Eat Instead
Cats are known to be opportunistic eaters, so if given the chance, they may try to snatch up small animals that they come across. Some small animals that cats might be more likely to eat than bearded dragons include:
- Reptiles (such as geckos)
- Small amphibians (such as frogs)
Although some cats may try to eat a bearded dragon, it is generally not a good idea to have cats and bearded dragons in the same space. It is best to keep them separated, as this will help ensure the safety of both animals.