Bearded Dragons Size and Growth Rate
Bearded dragons are one of the most popular reptiles that people enjoy keeping as pets. Their size is an important factor to take into consideration when deciding to own one. It’s important to know how big they get, so let’s explore how large bearded dragons can be.
Average Bearded Dragon Size
The average size for a fully grown bearded dragon is 20-24 inches long. When they are first born, they are usually around 2-3 inches long. So you can expect a lot of growth over the span of their lifetime with proper care and nutrition.
Factors That Influence A Bearded Dragon’s Size
There are several factors that can influence a bearded dragon’s overall size and growth rate. This includes:
- Genetics: The size of a bearded dragon can vary depending on their specific genetics. For instance, some species of bearded dragon can grow to be larger than others.
- Habitat: The size of a bearded dragon can also be affected by its habitat. If their habitat isn’t big enough for them to move around, they will end up stunted in growth.
- Food: A well-rounded diet that consists of vitamins, proteins and other minerals is essential for proper growth. If a bearded dragon isn’t getting these essential nutrients, it can affect its growth.
- Temperature: A bearded dragon’s environment should be kept at a constant temperature that is conducive to healthy growth. Too hot or too cold of temperatures can cause problems with growth.
How To Increase A Bearded Dragon’s Size
There are some things that can be done to help a bearded dragon achieve its full potential size. This includes:
- Making sure their habitat is big enough for them to move around in.
- Providing them with proper nutrition to ensure their body has the necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Keeping the habitat’s temperature at a steady level to promote healthy growth.
Bearded dragons can grow to be quite large, but the exact size they’ll reach largely depends on the care they receive. With proper nutrition, an adequate habitat and proper temperature, they can reach their full size potential.