How Long Do Rex Rabbits Live?
Cute and fluffy Rex rabbits can make a great pet for many households. They are relatively easy to care for and provide owners with hours of entertainment. One question that owners want to know is how long do Rex rabbits live?
Rex rabbits normally live between 7-10 years. However, this varies between breeds, size and how they are cared for by their owners. Large Rex rabbits and those that are cared for, fed and exercised properly can live up to 12 years.
Factors That Affect Lifespan
The following are the main factors that will determine the lifespan of your Rex rabbit:
- Breed – Different breed of rabbits will have different lifespans. Some exotic Rex rabbits can live longer than the more common breeds.
- Size – Small rabbits such as the miniature Rex tend to live shorter lives than their larger counterparts.
- Health – If your Rex rabbit is healthy, then it will live longer than one that suffers from any illnesses or diseases.
- Environment – The environment your Rex rabbit lives in can have a big effect on its lifespan. Ensure it is clean and has plenty of room to roam and exercise.
- Food – Rex rabbits require a nutritious and balanced diet to reach their maximum lifespan. A diet filled with fresh food and hay will help to make them healthy.
Overall, Rex rabbits can live up to 12 years depending on their breed, size, health and living environment. If you provide your Rex rabbit with the right food and a safe and healthy environment, then it should live a longer and healthier life.