Crested Gecko Cost – An Overview
Crested geckos are one of the most popular reptile pets around. They’re a popular household pet because they are relatively easy to care for and make a great addition to any home. However, if you’re a first time reptile owner, then you might be wondering: “How much do crested geckos cost?”
Cost Factors to Consider
There are a few factors to consider when thinking about the cost of crested geckos.
- Age: Baby geckos will cost anywhere from $40-$100. Adult geckos usually cost around $50-$200.
- Genetics: If you’re looking for a gecko with specific genetics (such as a certain pattern or color), then you may be looking at an even higher price.
- Location: Crested geckos are native to certain areas of the world, so they may not be as easily accessible in your area. That could impact the price you pay.
What’s Included in the Cost?
When you purchase a crested gecko, there are usually a few things included. This will depend on the breeder you purchase from, but generally will include:
- The Gecko: The gecko will usually be the most expensive part. You may get a discount if you buy multiple geckos from the same breeder.
- Supplies: You’ll likely get some supplies with the gecko, such as a terrarium and/or decorations, substrate, and misting bottle. The supplies you get will depend on the breeder.
- Care Instructions: You should get some basic care instructions from the breeder. This will include info about the gecko’s diet, environment, temperature, and general care tips.
Overall, the cost of a crested gecko will depend on the age of the gecko as well as any additional supplies needed. Just make sure you do your research on breeder availability in your area, and that you’re up-to-date on the breeders’ policies and costs.