How to Cook a Hamster?
Cooking a hamster might sound like an outrageous practice, but there are definitely people out there who are willing to give it a try. If you’re one of them and you’re wondering how to make sure you don’t end up with something inedible, here’s a guide on how to cook a hamster the right way.
- 1 hamster
- 3-4 TBSP of vegetable oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preparing the hamster: Before you can cook it, you need to prepare the hamster for cooking. Start by washing it in cold water and patting it dry using paper towels. Remove the fur, brain and eyes. Cut the hamster into 1-2 inch pieces and set aside.
- Cooking the hamster: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hamster chunks and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are browned, about 8-10 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and cook until they are slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomato and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the red wine, paprika, bay leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serving the hamster: Serve the hamster with your choice of sides. Rice, potatoes or vegetables are all great accompaniments.
That’s it! You now know how to cook a hamster the right way. Bon appetit!