How to Keep Meal Worms Alive for Your Gecko
Mealworms are a popular and nutritious form of food for geckos, and this article will discuss how to keep them alive so your gecko can enjoy them.
Before you get started, you’ll need to buy the mealworms and prepare the following:
- A container with lid
- Organic soil or potting mix
- Paper towels
- A slice of potato
- A shallow water dish
- Put the organic soil or potting mix in the container. You don’t need much, just enough to lightly coat the bottom.
- Add the mealworms to the container.
- Add the paper towels and moisten them with a few drops of water.
- Place the slice of potato on top of the paper towels.
- Place the shallow water dish near the center of the container.
- Put the lid on the container.
To maintain the mealworms, you’ll need to:
- Keep the container in an area with temperatures between 70 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Check the potato every few days and replace it when it starts to shrivel or dry out.
- Check the container for mold or bad smell.
- Remove dead mealworms regularly.
Now that you know how to keep mealworms alive for your gecko, you can enjoy watching your pet feed on these nutritious and tasty snacks.