All About Bearded Dragons
What Do Bearded Dragons Like To Do?
Bearded dragons are a type of lizard that has become popular as a pet over the recent years. These lizards don’t require too much coddling but they can be quite active and entertaining as pets. So, what do bearded dragons like to do?
- Eating: Bearded dragons are omnivores and enjoy a variety of foods in their diet. This includes insects, vegetables, and occasional fruits. When providing food for a bearded dragon, it should be offered in small pieces to prevent choking.
- Sunning: Bearded dragons originate from the desert and so enjoy some warmth and sunshine. They usually seek out a cosy spot to snooze in or bask in the sun. They’ll certainly use a special basking spot regularly provided by their owners.
- Digging: Digging is a natural activity for bearded dragons, especially when they’re young. Even in a well-designed vivarium, they will still try to dig beneath the sand, and they often enjoy playing in the shallow tubs of water.
- Exploring: They may be small but they are also very curious and active creatures. Providing plenty of change in their environment, so that they can explore and investigate, is the key to providing a stimulating environment for your dragon. They love to perch on different outcroppings, climb up branches and investigate rocks and other items you provide.
- Playing: Bearded dragons are full of energy and can become quite playful. Offering them a few simple toys can be a great way for your pet to burn energy, such as balls, mirrors and wooden sticks.
All of these activities are important for any pet bearded dragon to stay healthy and active. If you’re looking to keep a bearded dragon as a pet, make sure to provide plenty of activities that they will enjoy to keep them happy, healthy and content!