Plants For Your Bearded Dragon
Bearded dragons are one of the most popular reptiles kept as pets. They require an environment that mimics their natural habitat, so it is important to understand what kind of plants to have in their enclosure. Here are some plants that are safe, nutritious, and attractive for bearded dragons.
- Bermuda grass
- Dandelion greens
- Mustard greens
- Ficus benjamina
- Hanging Plants
- Hedera helix
- Rubber plant
- String of pearls
- Venus flytrap
- Wandering Jew
Not all plants are safe for bearded dragons, however. Look for a list of specific safely plants for your bearded dragon. Be sure to remove any toxic foods from their diet, such as mushrooms, onions, garlic, tobacco, or marigold.
Tips for Looking After Your Plants
- Make sure to provide adequate space for the beardie to move around and explore.
- Keep the plants clean and free from debris.
- Check for any signs of infestation and take appropriate action promptly.
- Provide enough humidity by misting the enclosure twice a day.
- Keep the plants away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
Plants can add colour and life to your bearded dragon’s enclosure, while providing nutritious food sources and a safe place to hide. It is important to remember that different plants have different needs and should be fuited accordingly to provide a happy and healthy habitat for your beloved friend.