Bearded Dragons – Types
Bearded dragons are a type of unique, desert-dwelling lizards native to Australia. They are popular as pets due to their fun, docile personalities and cool, scaly appearance. But did you know that there are several types of bearded dragons out there?
Types of Bearded Dragons:
- Spiny-Tailed Bearded Dragons: The most common type of bearded dragon, this species can grow to be up to 24-inches in length and can be identified by their spiny tails.
- Copper Bearded Dragons: These dragons get their name due to their vibrant hue – the perfect combination of copper, red and orange. Copper bearded dragons are usually smaller than other types, reaching only up to 16 inches.
- Citrus Bearded Dragons: Colorful and small in size, these bearded dragons usually have a bright yellow or white-orange color. Citrus bearded dragons reach a maximum length of 16 inches.
- Inland Bearded Dragons: An active species, these bearded dragons are considered to be the “work horses” of the captive bearded dragon world. Inland bearded dragons can grow to be up to 20 inches in length.
- Rankins Bearded Dragons: The smallest type of bearded dragon, these tiny lizards can reach a max length of a mere 8 inches. Rankins are often chosen as first-time pet dragon due to their mild temperament and appropriate size.
Bearded dragons make fantastic family pets: they require minimal maintenance, plenty of natural light and strategic feeding and will certainly provide hours of fun and entertainment. No matter which type of bearded dragon you decide to get, they are sure to offer you plenty of joy and companionship.